Tuesday, June 4, 2013

SNY "More Sports" 15 Second TV Spot

I recently had the pleasure of animating this :15 second TV spot for Sports New York for Real Art. I did all the animation from start-to-finish, and I'm very proud of it! It's all hand-drawn, and I got the chance to use some multiples and smears - something that I really geeked out on. Buck did 4 :30 second spots and they set the tone... the look, feel, pacing, etc with their spots - my job was to animate this in a way that it stayed consistent with what they had already done. It turned out great! Andy Nick art-directed it. Jamie Golsch managed the project. I had some help coloring in some of the sequences from Susan Jauss and Shelby White. Adam Haroff did the sound design. Debbie and Arturo from Real Art's new york office wrote the script, worked with the client and with Buck on their :30 spots, and gave our team creative freedoms that really allowed this thing to shine. Proving that even though you may get to animate the whole thing - it really is a team effort at it's core. I'm looking forward to doing more hand-drawn animation in the very near future!

SNY MoreSports 15 Second Spot from Tom Davis on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment